Changing Samsung's IMEI number will void my phone's warranty?

Rastinder

Master
Reaction score
I am buying J7 prime from someone else and he has already got JIO sim through that mobile so If I want to get a new JIO sim will I have to change its IMEI number ?

If yes then will it void that phone's warranty?

Can I change it back to the old one after getting a sim?

ramiz46

Skilled
Reaction score
Dear you can get sim easily on your aadahar card then why need to change IMEI no. its not register on the basis of IMEI, no i think

BlueBird

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it will void your warranty and let me tell you it's not really a piece of cake to change IMEI on the go it's a risky thing which you should not opt.

As far as Jio sim is concern just visit your nearest Jio retailer they will provide you free jio bar code there is no need of Jio bar code nowadays anymore.

prince007

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't do this. If you wants to change your IMEI just for getting a Jio sim then think 1000 times before doing this :P because Jio is now doing something Mad behavior which is not good. for Example-- 1st it was free for 1 Year but now Prime Membership Needed and will go on future too :D

You can Get JIO sim Easily without Bar Code. If you really needed then Tell me I will Give You Bar Code.

Warning-- If you wants to change IMEI for other purpose also then don't do because to DO so you need to flash recovery, need to install Xposed etc. in this case You may get damage you samsung phone easily because samsung is not easy for Rooting Purpose. Warranty will Void 100%.

Digital

Skilled
Reaction score
Yes changing IMEI Is illegal or risk of void of warranty,

your question is you can't get new jio sim without barcode, then download old my jio apk on any Android smartphone & genrate the code & give that code to jio store & take jio sim with e- aadhar

Jokerlal

Average
Reaction score
For changing imei you need to get root & it will void your warranty I think

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !