Android 7.0 Nougat, release expected in September

BlueBird

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Well here is the good news for Android updates lovers.. Android 7.0 eventually named as Nougat is coming soon.

It is no more mystery. Finally GOOGLE unleashed the name of its next version of Android, codenamed Android N. The ‘N’ stands for ‘Nougat’, and that’s not as exciting as Nutella. At the I/O conference in March, Google released the developer preview for the Android N. The version of Android Nougat is Android 7.0, succeeding Android 6.0 Marshmallow. As Google conducted a poll for deciding the name, and it seems Nougat came up as the perfect fit for Google.

The search engine giant even launched a micro website to get suggestions for naming Android N. There were many suggestions such as New York Cheesecake, Nutella, Nankhatai, Neyyappam, and much more.

Interestingly, Google released the final developer preview (4.0) of the Android N for Nexus devices, last month. The last developer version 4.0 contains Android N SDK with final APIs (API level 24). A stable version of Android 7.0 Nougat will roll out by the end of September. Google unveiled the statue of Android Nougat in front of its headquarters in Mountain View, California.
Source: http://telecomtalk.info

Are you happy with Android N named as Nougat? Share your views through the comment section below.

HIT LIKE IF YOU FOUND THIS INFORMATION USEFUL :agree:

Last edited:

Ishant Vivek

Learner
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, though i think Android 7 would be the best release till now, since the introduction of ART(in Lollipop). I am very eagerly waiting for it actually. No doubt in terms of performance kitkat is ahead of lollipop and marshmallow, but this time, i think, Android N would be comparatively better in performance than L & M because of new API of art(i.e JIT)

thunderhawk

Capable
Reaction score
Good news indeed for the Android update lovers, cell phone companies will now try their best to screw up an already screwed up version of android and include the more screwed up version in their 40000 rupees flagship devices which the naive customers will line up to buy at the first opportunity. Interesting times ahead..

Srini

Learner
Reaction score
Nougat?? Doesn't sound nice.. 'Noodle' would have been better name..

BlueBird

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Nougat?? Doesn't sound nice.. 'Noodle' would have been better name..
There were many suggestions such as New York Cheesecake, Nutella, Nankhatai, Neyyappam, and much more.

jiiva

Learner
Reaction score
Also Cm14 gonna release soon after the release of android N -_-

messi94

Average
Reaction score
hope Android 7 will have considerable performance boost over android 6. personally i am not satisfied with android 6.

ajayy02

Noob
Reaction score
Abi tk marshmallow ka update to kai phone me nhi aaya or 7 aa gya:dance2:

SHANI30135

Junior
Reaction score
waiting for it...
[DOUBLEPOST=1469116476,1469116402][/DOUBLEPOST]what...would be xtra feature in this new operating system can be?????

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !