need help for airtel dongle

rdtandel

Master
Reaction score
i have 7.2 mbps airtel 1731 dongle..
it was working perfectly till 3rd sep...
but from sep 4th its not connecting...
when i select "wcdma only" then it cant get 3g signal,it catches 3g signal when select "wcdma pref. "or "gsm pref." and then also not connecting internet.
the modem is unlocked.
3g plan activated..
whats the problem....
pls help...

VIP3R

Master
Reaction score
check your signal levels first..
check with operator once..
check apn settings n dial numbers
check active plans requires any main balance

rdtandel

Master
Reaction score
check your signal levels first..
check with operator once..
check apn settings n dial numbers
check active plans requires any main balance
1.i asked help regarding singnal.
2.if i am not getting signal then how can i check and what to check with operator.?i already said that if i get wcdma signal then no connection.
3.apn and dial up number is OK.
4.no requirement of bal when 3g plan active.

now what to do?

R$K

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
1.i asked help regarding singnal.
2.if i am not getting signal then how can i check and what to check with operator.?i already said that if i get wcdma signal then no connection.
3.apn and dial up number is OK.
4.no requirement of bal when 3g plan active.

now what to do?
Re-install your modem and software too.

Sam

Master
Reaction score
i have 7.2 mbps airtel 1731 dongle..
it was working perfectly till 3rd sep...
but from sep 4th its not connecting...
when i select "wcdma only" then it cant get 3g signal,it catches 3g signal when select "wcdma pref. "or "gsm pref." and then also not connecting internet.
the modem is unlocked.
3g plan activated..
whats the problem....
pls help...
Are you using a heavy data plan? if not..please do a small 3g pack and check again... and keep setting as WCDMA ONLY...

If you are on heavy plan.... Contact Customer Care and tell them you are not getting 3G Signals/Cannot connect.....

Also try connecting Idea/Airtel/Vodafone Servers through Manual Connection settings :)

rdtandel

Master
Reaction score
Are you using a heavy data plan? if not..please do a small 3g pack and check again... and keep setting as WCDMA ONLY...

If you are on heavy plan.... Contact Customer Care and tell them you are not getting 3G Signals/Cannot connect.....

Also try connecting Idea/Airtel/Vodafone Servers through Manual Connection settings :)
i have activated 10 day 3g plan on idea.and 1 day 3g plan for vodafone.bothe not getting signal and connection error.

Hedgehog

Capable
Reaction score
Lol 3g nhi hoga tumare area m toh signal kya chat se ayega :p

Sam

Master
Reaction score
i have activated 10 day 3g plan on idea.and 1 day 3g plan for vodafone.bothe not getting signal and connection error.
So you mean problem on every sim cards? if so.. it means either a corrupted registry or a damaged dongle... please reinstall windows and check again or try it on a friends PC first :D

fulcrum95

Skilled
Reaction score
Manually Search for WCDMA networks ... If it can search and Identify some signal then your modem is ok .............. Insert that Particular operators sim n try to connect .. if connected then all is fine ,..and it is just a Operator end problem,...

wmnitin

Pro member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Thread moved to Modem Section

rdtandel

Master
Reaction score
So you mean problem on every sim cards? if so.. it means either a corrupted registry or a damaged dongle... please reinstall windows and check again or try it on a friends PC first :D
its ok on other pc

rdtandel

Master
Reaction score
Manually Search for WCDMA networks ... If it can search and Identify some signal then your modem is ok .............. Insert that Particular operators sim n try to connect .. if connected then all is fine ,..and it is just a Operator end problem,...
when search manually it shows all available networks.but when try to register then it shows registration fail.

fulcrum95

Skilled
Reaction score
when search manually it shows all available networks.but when try to register then it shows registration fail.
Try with a different operator SIM or Change your Location and test .....

Simplytion

Learner
Reaction score
You can boot damn small linux(DSl) from within a host operating system (that's right, it can run *inside* Windows) to check your dongle.

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !