Remove Shortcut Virus from Flash Drive Easily

prince007

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Without waiting.. I am giving you the best method of removing shortcut virus form flash drive.

Process --

* Open CMD (Command Prompt)
* now copy paste this code--
attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
Note:-- Here " D " is you flash drive letter. So you must change this With your Drive letter.

Hit ENTER after pasting this code. Enjoy... Now the shortcut virus has gone.. :D

TyagiJi

Talented
Reaction score
this don't remove the virus....this will only show the files...actually this virus affects the rundll32.exe file in system32 folder and antivirus don't has the right to append the system files so this virus is not determined by many antivirus

prianshu

Learner
Reaction score
this don't remove the virus....this will only show the files...actually this virus affects the rundll32.exe file in system32 folder and antivirus don't has the right to append the system files so this virus is not determined by many antivirus
Is there any solution??

VJK

Capable
Reaction score
i have this problem in my desktop and i have to format the operating system..better to download better antivirus

prince007

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes You are Right that it doesn't Remove the virus just show the content. But this is the only way to get your files successfully and Later you can format the Flash Drive after getting your files. Though if your pen drive have too important files then what will you do ? You need this Method in that situation.

Currently there is no way to access your files if it is infected by shortcut virus. Except This one and only Method.
And for your kind information Quick Heal Was the only one Antivirus that could clean the virus and made your files accessible without any Problem.
But now Quick Heal is Poor antivirus after the New Update came. It doesn't perform Well and also doesn't Clean the Shortcut Virus.

Hope This Information Is Very Useful to All !! :)

TyagiJi

Talented
Reaction score
Yes You are Right that it doesn't Remove the virus just show the content. But this is the only way to get your files successfully and Later you can format the Flash Drive after getting your files. Though if your pen drive have too important files then what will you do ? You need this Method in that situation.

Currently there is no way to access your files if it is infected by shortcut virus. Except This one and only Method.
And for your kind information Quick Heal Was the only one Antivirus that could clean the virus and made your files accessible without any Problem.
But now Quick Heal is Poor antivirus after the New Update came. It doesn't perform Well and also doesn't Clean the Shortcut Virus.

Hope This Information Is Very Useful to All !! :)
just search for * or ** or *** in your flash drive...it will show files

xshadowx

Average
Reaction score
use a small software name "usbfix" it will remove some known virus and shortcut from usb and pc.. must try

LEGENDD

Junior
Reaction score
didnt help heur virus is still there after some time

KRATO$

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
you may still access the HIDDEN CONTENTS
just Set your FOLDER VIEW OPTION as Shown :

prince007

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
you may still access the HIDDEN CONTENTS
just Set your FOLDER VIEW OPTION as Shown :

It will not Work If your USB Drive is Infected by Shortcut virus.

Reaction score
use quick heal total security
[DOUBLEPOST=1471411422,1471409740][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think quick heal removes this virus...and malwarebyte anti-virus may be helpful
100 percent quick heal total security remove i use it now
[DOUBLEPOST=1471411646][/DOUBLEPOST]
use quick heal total security
[DOUBLEPOST=1471411422,1471409740][/DOUBLEPOST]
100 percent quick heal total security remove i use it now
proof2016-08-17 10_55_35-Greenshot.png

prince007

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
I think new Update Fixed it again...

marimuthuagri

Junior
Reaction score
placing a . in searchh box will show all your files in the flash drive. i was using this method to copy files from infected flash drives

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !