[TUT] How to make Mozilla Firefox consume less memory

Ethan.mackloy

Master
Reaction score
When you use the computer, probably running many software, each of them needs ram memory. RAM is very important , because the faster the frequency of the RAM the faster the software runs. In this tutorial we will move Firefox to your hard drive when you minimize it. When we do that, firefox will take up much less ram memory.
Open a new tab and type in about:config in the address bar. After this will appear warning message, click I´ll be careful, I promise !. In about:config settings right click anywhere and select New-> Boolean, as shown below:

In New Boolean Value type config.trim_on_minimize and set it to true.

Restart Firefox and these settings will take effect.

NOTE FOR MODS : IMAGE SHARING SITE WAS NOT WORKING NOW ON MY PC DUE TO SLOW NET THEREFORE I COPIED IMAGE FROM OTHER SITE.YOU CAN CORRECT THIS LATER​

wmnitin

Pro member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think using this setting is trimming the memory when we Firefox gets minimized. That's why it is consuming less memory.

Sword

Skilled
Reaction score
my mozilla firefox is very unresponsive and slow will this fix my problem??

Hamster24

Beginner
Reaction score
Just get a new Ram stick. Buying new RAM is the only purchase that can't go wrong.

Dynamic

Junior
Reaction score
New versions of ff are optimised by default to consume less ram.

Incerpent

Beginner
Reaction score
When you use the computer, probably running many software, each of them needs ram memory. RAM is very important , because the faster the frequency of the RAM the faster the software runs. In this tutorial we will move Firefox to your hard drive when you minimize it. When we do that, firefox will take up much less ram memory.
Open a new tab and type in about:config in the address bar. After this will appear warning message, click I´ll be careful, I promise !. In about:config settings right click anywhere and select New-> Boolean, as shown below:

In New Boolean Value type config.trim_on_minimize and set it to true.

Restart Firefox and these settings will take effect.

NOTE FOR MODS : IMAGE SHARING SITE WAS NOT WORKING NOW ON MY PC DUE TO SLOW NET THEREFORE I COPIED IMAGE FROM OTHER SITE.YOU CAN CORRECT THIS LATER​

Rambos

Average
Reaction score
How about using chrome if your net is bit faster

MegaMinD

Junior
Reaction score
Bhai mere mozila kabhi not responce krta hai koi solution hai plz..... Hang b hota hai

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !