Change background color of Windows 8 logon screen

PROTOTYPE

Capable
Reaction score
Windows 8 is very customizable. We can personalize most of its element as well. Right from the lock screen to the tiles and background color, everything is easy to customize.
You can even change the default color of the logon screen on your Windows 8 PC, laptop or tablet.

I just changed the color of the logon screen from default to my own color of choice.
I found this tutorial interesting enough to sharewith my readers here.
This little trick about tomodify the Windows Registry.

Customizing the background color of logon screen in Windows 8 is pretty simple.
Just follow the instruction carefully.

*. Step 1 -
As I said above, we can change the background color by modifying Windows Registry, the first step is to open the ‘Registry Editor’. To open the Registry Editor, open the Run dialog box [press ‘Windows+R’ on your keyboard] and type ‘Regedit’ and hit ‘Enter’.

*. Step 2-
When the Registry Editor is open navigate the key ‘HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Accent’.

*. Step 3-
If you can’t find ‘Accent’, right-click on ‘Explorer’ the choose “New Key” and rename the folder as Accent. Now you might see the Accent key in the left panel.

*. Step 4 -
Right-click in the right panel and click on New > DWORD (32-bit) Value. It would be named as DefaultColorSet, don’t change it.

*. Step 5-
Tick the Decimal option and enter a number in the Value Data column. Make sure you enter the value between 2-24. Every number is destined to a different color. I selected22 number and my logon screen background color was changed to pink.

When done, close the Registry Editor window.
This was simple tutorial to change the logon screen background color in Windows 8.
Do not forget to create a system restore point first, before you start playing with the Windows Registry.

Wasn’t that simple? Now if you do not like the boring logon background color, follow the tutorial and change it now.