Facebook Account Protection – 11 Critical Tips

luvtricks

Junior
Reaction score
Facebook account protection is very important nowadays as everyone I know has a Facebook account. It is not easy to hack into a Facebook account but it does happen all of the time. Sometimes there are rough messages in your inbox or on your wall. You only need to press like on these and they can be spread over Facebook like fire. There are also friend requests from people that simply do not exist. Facebook can be a crazy place and you need to know how to protect your account. As you will see below, sometimes it is you that is the LINK REmoved By Rohan
#1. Maintain Your Password

Firstly you need to create a unique and difficult password for you to login to Facebook. That is the first step to being secure.
#2. Be Aware Of E-Mail Security
When your Facebook account gets hacked, it is not always through Facebook. Most of the time it is through your e-mail, where there is an insecure pass word or some kind of access to hackers. If someone can hack into your e-mail account, they can easily reset passwords and gain access to any online accounts that you have. This is extremely important and people often neglect this fact.
#3. Protect Your Computer First

People often blame Facebook when their account gets hacked. But sometimes it is because they have not got their own protection on the computer they are using. It is very important to LINK REmoved By Rohan as this is the gateway to all of your activities online and off-line. It is access to all of your friends on Facebook, your e-mails that come to your computer, your personal pictures, and more.
Facebook account protection starts at home or on the device that you use to access Facebook. There is some great software out there that will protect your computer and ensure you have a safe browsing device. You can LINK REmoved By Rohan from PCMatic, the highly awarded all in one software.

#4. Enable Secure Browsing In Facebook

LINK REmoved By Rohan (https) is an extra security feature. When you turn this feature on, all of your activity on Facebook becomes encrypted, making it harder for anyone else to access your Facebook information without your permission.
How to enable secure browsing on Facebook?
  1. Go to the top right corner of your Facebook page and click on the little cog icon.
  2. This will bring down your main menu. Choose account settings from this menu.
  3. On the left side, choose security from the menu.
  4. Click on the edit link on the far right that the lines up with secure browsing.
  5. Now you will see an option to enable https browsing.
  6. Tick the box to enable secure browsing.
  7. Then press on save changes.

#5. Enter Your Mobile Number

Adding your personal mobile phone number is another security feature in Facebook. It makes it very difficult for someone else to reset your password if they have to make the verification through your mobile number. You can also be sent a unique code to your phone to enable you to login. This is faster if you have a Facebook app, however this is a fantastic security feature.
#6. Be Careful When Staying Logged In

I had a friend visit me one day and she was using my computer and was logged in to my Facebook account. I asked her how she got in there and she said she just pressed enter. That was because my password and e-mail were already entered in by default.
This is something that you have to watch. I like to personally go to my computer and quickly login to Facebook, but definitely not when other people can do it as well.
If you do not want to stay logged in, especially if you are on a public computer, always un-tick the box below to sign up area.

Also do not forget to actually log out of your Facebook account. This is because people can still just hop on your computer and browse through your account as you are already logged in.
#7. Monitor Logins for Facebook Account Protection

If you enable login notifications then you will know when someone has logged in to your Facebook account. This is a pretty simple concept and you can get the details sent to your mobile phone or your e-mail address.
To enable login notifications see the following instructions:
  1. Go to the top right corner of your Facebook page and click on the little cog icon.
  2. This will bring down your main menu. Choose account settings from this menu.
  3. Click on login notifications.
  4. Put a tick in the box next to the type of alerts you’d like to receive.
  5. Now press save your changes.
#8. Watch What You Click On

Have you seen those links on Facebook that says something other than “like all share”? If you see something different like “Change the Skin of Facebook Profile” or to “View who visited Your Profile”, they are fake! You should never click on these types of links or anything that looks different from the usual links under a Facebook post.
#9. Get Familiar with Your Privacy Settings
It is absolutely amazing how detailed the LINK REmoved By Rohan are. You can stop certain people from viewing your photos, seeing your wall, posting on your wall, and so many other things. The problem is that people do not go and set up anything in their private settings and leave their account open to the world.
It is easy to check out your privacy settings Full your Facebook account so I suggest you do it today!

#10. Think Before You Grant Permission to Apps

People just happily grant permission to apps on Facebook and they do not even know who has made these tiny pieces of software. Most of these apps ask to connect with your account and when you press the allow button, this gives these apps access to different information from your account. This also allows them to perform tasks for you, after all that is what apps do.
So next time you are granting permission to a Facebook app, just stop and think before you do so. Also I like to LINK REmoved By Rohan so I do not get annoyed from pointless messages on Facebook.
#11. Open Your Eyes to Phishing Attacks

We all receive spam e-mail, but certain e-mails try to trick us into clicking on their links. You might get these types of e-mails from Facebook or eBay, but they are not really from these sites. When you get an e-mail that claims to be from Facebook and you click on a link, you login to your account and now the hacker has your details.
@Thread Edited By Rohan @

TyagiJi

Talented
Reaction score
#1. Maintain Your Password.
#2. Be Aware Of E-Mail Security
#3. Protect Your Computer First
#4. Enable Secure Browsing In Facebook
#5. Enter Your Mobile Number
#6. Be Careful When Staying Logged In
#7. Monitor Logins for Facebook Account Protection
#8. Watch What You Click On

#9. Get Familiar with Your Privacy Settings
#10. Think Before You Grant Permission to Apps
#11. Open Your Eyes to Phishing Attacks
ye kaisi trick hai bhala :troll2:

VDG

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Advertisement Links :mad::mad:

Rohan

Capable
Reaction score
I never Expected this From u .............just before this thread u were Teaching All of us and look at u ........Advertising other sites here .
Warning Issued !!!! Next Time Permanent Ban