Get back Deleted Whatsapp Messages

jithu7844

Skilled
Reaction score
We All are Aware of Messaging app Called Whatsapp, We Use it daily and no doubt We Love it, But have you been in a Situation when you accidently delete an important message on Whatsapp and you don’t know what to do next? Well Touch screen devices are great to use but many a times it frustrates you,when you tap on wrong option and things happens which you don’t wished to do.

Many of you might not know that there are ways to Get back Deleted Whatsapp Messages. Today in this post i will share a method to Get back Deleted Whatsapp Messages on your Android phone.
Only Few Knows that Whatsapp Creates backup of all the data each day at 4 am (system time) Which is Stored in the SD card of your Android Smartphone. Follow the below simple steps to Get back Deleted Whatsapp Messages.

Step 1) First of all Navigate to the Whatsapp database folder, you will require file explorer for this task. the path is > sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases.
Step 2) In the Database folder you will see Chat files which are with names similar like msgstore-2014-01-04.1.db.crypt. You may notices the file names have dates as well. but there is a File which is msgstore.db.crypt, we need to rename it. you can add any word before msgstore.db.crypt.

Step 3) After renaming that file, From the other Files just select the file which shows appropriate date before you accidently deleted your whatsapp messages, and then rename that file to msgstore.db.crypt. This Renaming process can also be done on your PC by Connecting your device.

Step 4) Now the Final step, Goto Setting>Applications>manage applications>Whatsapp and Click on Clear Data. Now open Whatsapp, Choose Restore when it prompts. Thats it, the chat file saved as msgstore.db.crypt will be restored and hence your messages too.

On Reaching here, you Need to Click on Restore instead of No Thanks.

Bonus: In Case if you have deleted any Image or Audio or Video from your whatsapp chat, then do not worry, its not deleted forever untill you delete it. To view that image or Video all you have to do is with the help of your Preferred file Manager, Navigate to sdcard/WhatsApp/Media Where you will find folders with names Whatsapp Audio, Whatsapp images, Whatsapp video, Open them up to find the file you are looking for

T@run

Master
Reaction score
har baar restore me 1 rs cut ho rhe h...and restore failed ho rha h....becoz of u mere latest backup bhi delete ho gya....:mad::mad::mad:

jithu7844

Skilled
Reaction score
har baar restore me 1 rs cut ho rhe h...and restore failed ho rha h....becoz of u mere latest backup bhi delete ho gya....:mad::mad::mad:
May be u did something wrong,restore works fine for my friend

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !