How to enable Gmail IMAP Setting Also POP3/SMTP

jiiva

Learner
Reaction score
How to enable Gmail Setting For IMAP/POP3/SMTP
STEP 1. Enable IMAP And POP3
  1. Open your gmail account, then select the settings in the upper right corner.
  2. Then select the menu Forwarding and POP / IMAP, I use Indonesian to English writings usually Forwarding and POP.IMAP. Customize with your gmail language well.
  3. Now you click on the enable IMAP access.
STEP 2. Allowing Less Secure Apps To Access Your Account.
  1. At this stage we need to enable or permit our gmail account in order to use the application outside of the application or the google site itself. Well here is the cause why we can not send messages via SMTP. Because Google has blocked! We need to enable it first. Please open the following link: Click Here
  2. Then you click Enable. Congratulations! You can already send messages via SMTP now. Use it well, especially for software made by me later.
  3. Some other additional info.
Gmail IMAP Server
Enter the following information in the IMAP account settings of your mail client:

• Server: imap.gmail.com
  • Encryption / Authentication: SSL
  • Port: 993
  • Username: Your Gmail email address
  • Password: Your account password
Gmail POP3 Server
Enter the following information in the POP account settings of your mail client:

• Server: pop.gmail.com
  • Port: 995
  • Username: Your Gmail email address
  • Password: Your account password
Gmail SMTP Server
Enter the following information in the SMTP account settings of your mail client:

• Server: smtp.gmail.com
  • Port: 465
Source: http://www.premiuminfo.org/gmail-imap-pop3-smtp-setting/

Yokinos

Learner
Reaction score
IT's basic, but very usefull information to take care of such. I hope you glad to make it possible with us for whatever reason. Glad to be of service with that matter anyway. Can we do something like that again ? I hope it's not work it out later.

Petus

Learner
Reaction score
Okay, all that good and correct, but why do you need all that in something like your own PC? You can do the whole job now within the web, correct? Why to install all that settings into your Outlook or something like that? Or do we miss something which is happening there.

Gonos

Beginner
Reaction score
There are really a lot of applications in today world where you can see all of that today and be used for many many reasons. Care to see that much anyway? I do hope it will be much better anyway to get it going hopefully so I really can use it.

Tygradora

Learner
Reaction score
All people I know yes, use that gmail service directly from their google account and that's it - there is no other way around this if you do ask me for example so please try to use this later if needed. We all can go on and go on for that matter;)

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !