How to Enable Google Photos Unlimited Storage

santoshhh000

Learner
Reaction score
You can back up all your existing pictures and videos in original quality to Google Photos, without having them count up against your existing Google Drive storage of 15GB storage.
you’re going to need root access

Steps:

[PRO][/PRO][PRO][/pro]
[PRO]
1.Download nexus.xml to your phone.
2.Open your root file manager of choice (we’ve used Solid Explorer here, but you can use pretty much any root file explorer here such as MiXplorer)
3.Copy the nexus.xml file you just downloaded and paste it in /system/etc/sysconfig.
4.Afterwards, set the file permissions to 644 (rw-r–r–).
5.Reboot your phone.
6.Once booted up, go to the Settings page for Google Photos and wipe Google Photos’ app data. You’re done
[/PRO]

santoshhh000

Learner
Reaction score
But for me .... in google photo app its showing "photo & videos uploaded from your pixel get unlimited free storage at original quality"

manis99

Skilled
Reaction score
But for me .... in google photo app its showing "photo & videos uploaded from your pixel get unlimited free storage at original quality"
It might be showing that but as soon as you reach the 15gb limit you won't be able to upload in original quality. It will work only in pixel/nexus.

Tygradora

Learner
Reaction score
So basically it's not working however it's should be totally cool feature no matter how you put it. Too sad that google already prohibited usage of that anyway. Can we do something with that or no ? I am totally in doubt for that reason and can't use it for more.

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !