Olymp Trade Forex/options

Yokinos

Learner
Reaction score
This is a very narrow thinking and as it was mentioned above such an approach to life can negatively affect your trading results. You think that giving an extra bonus to client can minimize Olymp’s profits. But what about reputation? You see, people tend to discuss such things at open forums like we do at the moment. This can affect reputation of the company. Reputation is something very difficult to measure, but something very significant in a long-run. You never know which action will lead reputation change, because people are different and some of them will be quiet about the issue, others will spread the word all over trading forums and write numerous reviews. So its better for large companies to follow the same approach always: be nice to clients each time the issue arises and give people a tiny bit more that what they expect to get. In my experience, this is exactly what Olymp does.

Dianarus

Learner
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Just wanted to ask some opinions here. At the moment I’m testing one of the strategies that Olymp’s analysts offered to try in one of their educational videos. Did any of you try using some of such strategies otr maybe I’m just wasting my time here?

Yokinos

Learner
Reaction score
I don’t really know. Myself whenever I listen to these advices of experts, I find everything to be very reasonable. But whenever it comes to doing the same thing on the real market, I can’t follow even 1 or 2 simple rules/conditions. But I know some people that have taken just one or two strategies and for years have not been looking for anything else. I think think this is where the strategy must match your personal characteristics of a trader. If strategy fits your personality, you’ll be able to follow it and make money.

Dianarus

Learner
Reaction score
I don’t think I can have any troubles following a few simple rules. The question is whether these strategies can really be profitable?

Tygradora

Learner
Reaction score
Sure they can. But you better not make these conclusions about your ability to follow simple rules before you actually try. Even the most simple strategies normally have details that you have to dig into and find out what EXACTLY you need to do once exploiting this strategy. It also can be that analysts won’t cover some of such details in a video and you will have to find out the details and invent your own rules for such very specific situations. So my advice would be to to choose one strategy of your choice and master it until you know exactly every aspect of it and can trade it without any doubts. Actually, I think this is a verfy nice approach for newbies to start their trading career.

Dianarus

Learner
Reaction score
Well, this might make sense in fact. With all these cross-timeframe analysis charts can really get confusing. Anyway I think this is the responsibility of a strategy-maker to make sure everything is very transparent and clear.

Tygradora

Learner
Reaction score
Markets are never constant. They change depending on the real world events and circumstances, this is why it is very difficult, almost impossible to make all the rules 100% precise. Did you notice how the volatility has changes recently on the markets? Let's say a determined strategy assumed 30 pips stop loss. However, with the rise of volatility it is a trader’s duty to notice such changes and modify the strategy accordingly.

Yokinos

Learner
Reaction score
Yeap, I had to modify my approach recently, its true. Trend has changed, volatility has changed. I kept losing for a week in the end of Feb - beginning of March. Then changed the approach finally and I can tell that the increased volatility gives more chances to profit. +55% to my Olymp account in just a few weeks. But yeah, stops get bigger too. Changes in the market require immediate action.

Tygradora

Learner
Reaction score
Congrats! Anyway, I think that a good startegy can include some rules regarding how to measure the recent ATR, or something like that, and how to react to such changes (what modifications are required to be done). But if you trade manually, you should be able to do this yourself. If such details can be determined, its better to go for a trading algorithm and use EA with MetaTrader.

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !