WHAT IS NOKIA SYMBIAN HACKING?

ashok.12345

Junior
Reaction score
some important faq
:dance::dance::dance::dance:
WHAT IS NOKIA SYMBIAN HACKING? & WHY SHOULD I HACK MY NOKIA SYMBIAN

New Nokia symbian phone users are faced with some forms of discontent or the other when trying to get the most out of their symbian phones. The most intimidated phrase the are faced with is HACK YOUR SYMBIAN In literal sense of the word the word HACK is used with a negative overtone but in the context of using it with a nokia symbian phone, it simply means REMOVAL OF RESTRICTION PLACED ON YOUR PHONE BY YOUR MANUFACTURER. Be that as it may let us now move to the question what is Nokia symbian phone hacking and why must i hack my nokia symbian phone?

1. WHAT IS phone h4cking?

It may it sounds very dangerous to you but its nothing that you have to worry about. your phone doesnt take any damage. you just take full control of your phone after h4cking it, you can change almost everything on your phone and install any application, something that nokia didnt wanted. a simple example: why should i not be able to change the nokia shaking hands at phones startup with something more personal? after h4cking your phone you can do that if you want. h4cking your phone is liberty. *

NOTE FOR THE OPTIMIST GUYS..

unfortunally you will not find any new settings or functions to change what you want in your phone: you have to install other apps or apply some patches to do that. but the good news are that other guys already done this things so you just have to read and follow the given steps and youre done. *

if all that just confusing you right now, forget what i said above for few weeks and just be happy that you can install any unsigned application without signing it. *

2. WHAT EXACTLY IS h4cking?

h4cking your phone will disable the security of your phone, so the phone will not check if an app is signed or unsigned while installing it. you will also be able to see all the folders/files in your phone using an explorer like X-Plore.
*you will be able to add patches in your phone that will change some things like i said above the nokia shaking hands at startup, or you wil be able to mute/add other sounds when you take a pic with your cam etc. thats cool stuff or not? : *

3. WHY DOES NOKIA CLOSE / RESTRICT THE PHONES?

you should know that the very first symbian phones were not closed. We could see all phone files with an explorer, we could install any application that came out and so on. unfortunally virus developers knew that also and after some time (when Nokia started to sell many S60 phones) many viruses came out
many viruses came out because the phones were not protected at all against that. After that Symbian had to react. And they did, bringing out Symbian 9. Symbian had changed almost everything on the phones software, making it impossible to install applications that were developed for the older operating systems. i think the first thought of symbian was to make the phones more secure against viruses. some people also say they did that for the money…and i think they are also right because everything is about the money *

4. ABOUT SYMBIAN 9.x

with the new operating system everything changed. the phones were closed now. of course we could install new apps on it but they had to be signed applications. *

5. SIGNED APPLICATIONS WHAT IS THAT?

Signing is the process of encoding a tamper-proof digital certificate into an application sis (installation) file. The certificate identifies the applications origin, and grants access to those Capability-protected API’s
The certificate identifies the applications origin, and grants access to those Capability-protected API’s (Application Programming Interface) in Symbian OS that the application declared at build-time. Here are several Capability examples: *
On Symbian OS, protected APIs are those that allow sensitive operations, such as those that may:
* access end users private data, thus potentially breaching privacy
* potentially create billable events, thus costing the end user money
* access the mobile phone network, potentially affecting its operation *
* access handset functions that can affect the normal behavior of the phone
* potentially impact the performance of other applications running on the phone.
Although Symbian didnt wanted the end-user to get involved in all this process, (signing etc should be only for the developers) we got somehow involved at the end *
If you get a Developer Certificate. this Cert is only for your phone, you cant use it on other devices to install
you cant use it on other devices to install applications. *

6. I WANT TO HACK MY PHONE WHY DO I NEED A CERTIFICATE?

Because you have to use an application to hack your phone that is unsigned (HelloOX) After you signed and installed this application you dont have to worry about unsigned applications anymore. you can install any application now without signing it. * Nowadays you dont need to get a certificate before hacking your phone all you eed to do is using Dr webbs anti virus norton antvirus or equivalent (watchout for the tutorial in my next post)

7. I WANT TO UPGRADE MY PHONES FIRMWARE.WILL I LOOSE THE HACK?

Some new phones like the 5800 (and the N85 i think) can upgrade the firmware without loosing any of your data. But nokia change always something on the phones security with an upgrade so its better to be prepared to make the hack again. *

the same apply to all the other phones that do not keep your data after an upgrade.maybe you want to back up the phones memory before the upgrade thinking that the hack will still work after the upgrade but like i said its more likely that it will not.

8. WHAT ABOUT VIRUSES?

that’s a good question.After the hack the phone is trully open for everything. so in the theory we can install also viruses. But untill now there is no virus for our phones out. *

I think its because only few people are actually h4cking their phones (compared to the millions of sold devices worldwide) so its not the same like on the early days of S60 phones with the viruses that we have got back then. So now that you know that the pros of hacking your phone outweight its cons why dont you give it a try now

hope u lyk my post......plz like..:imtheking:

danger

Learner
Reaction score
Information provided by you as good as your thread length .Very nice info bro .Going to like your thread for your hard work .Now my all doubts are cleared

ILU

Talented
Reaction score
Nice info...but it might good if u provide with related apps or software .