How to Recover Deleted Files in Windows Computer

kashifnaeem

Learner
Reaction score

If you accidentally deleted your important photos, documents, videos or any other files, we think you’ll be in a panic. So today, I am going to share about how to recover deleted files that you had on your windows computer. This tip is going to be very useful for all of you. I have seen that many people, sometimes accidentally delete their important family photos or documents. Don’t worry! This solution is not 100% guaranteed, but there is a good chance of full recovery.

Prerequisite Before Starting the Process of Recovering Deleted Files
Note that if you install a program or copy the files on your computer after you have deleted your files, you will have less chance to recover them. Because, as you install or copy new files, the computer will replace the information of deleted files (location, size, etc) with the new files. This decreases the chance of recovery. So, if you want to recover deleted files, do not install new programs or copy files on your computer after deletion.

1. We will use a free data recovery program called “Recuva“. Click the link below to download the free version of Recuva.

Download Recuva

2. Install “Recuva” on your computer. When the installation is complete, there will be a “Recuva” icon on your desktop. Run the program.

3. Click “Next” to start the file recovery wizard.

4. Now you have to choose the type of deleted files. If you want to recover deleted photos, Choose Pictures. If it is documents, then choose Documents. You can also select “All Files” but this process can take a long time to scan.

5. Choose the location of the deleted file. If you do not know the location of deleted files, then choose “I’m not sure.” Otherwise, select “In a specific location”.

6. Click “Start” to begin the recovery process. You can also check the “Enable Deep Scan” if you want to increase the rate of recovery of deleted files, but it will take much longer time than a normal scan. Try normal scan first, and then if you can not recover deleted files, try Deep Scan.

7. Wait until the scan is done. If a normal scan, which typically takes less than one hour. If it is a deep scan, it will take many hours.

8. Now, Recuva will display all deleted files on the computer. Some files will be in excellent state, and some will be unrecoverable. Check all deleted files (photos, documents, videos, email, etc ..) you want to recover and click “Recover” .

9. Now you have to choose the destination location for the deleted files. (Choose the location where you want to save the recovered files) When finished, click “OK”.

It can give you a warning. It is best to recover deleted files in different media / location (such as USB drive, another hard drive, CD, DVD etc ..) but if this is not possible, just click “Yes”. It will now start to recover deleted files you have chosen.

I hope you did a successful recovery. This program can recover almost all file types. (Documents, images, videos, e-mail and other files)

barikajit

Skilled
Reaction score
can provide recuva pro.. free version has some limitations

kapilajmera

Capable
Reaction score
Thanks you so much for this . Would be great if you provide Pro Version for the same.

kookz

Learner
Reaction score
Thank you for great technic support. This Program is the most one of my favour.

Legend

Talented
Reaction score
is this anything for LINUX . m using linux :P .................

raguram

Average
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing . Can it recover files that are deleted in Android phone internal storage?

Rambos

Average
Reaction score
Use a portable version of file recovery so to keep files intact.

Dianarus

Learner
Reaction score
Most usefull tip I know that you already should have some software like that ready and installed on your PC anyway. And do not overwrite newly deleted file with some information out there, how much do you plan to work it out anyway ? I do not see anything like that clearly and carefully. Thing that you recovered 4 files is luck.

Nikhil420

Talented
Reaction score
Thats a very valuable info you shared. You have explained in a very good manner. Thank You.

Reaction score
Sorry I have tried this a number of times and get the same error every time.

To install the application, You must have administrator priveleges to run the program

I do have administrator priveleges can anyone help or has my copying routine screwed up? Many thanks.

Gonos

Beginner
Reaction score
We really appreciate for the wonderful techical advancement you have showed us. Actually sometimes you may delete things from the laptop un aware, I now have a new idea on how I can recover the deleted files. This is very important innovation though I dont know whether it works or not because I have not tested it. I will know once I do it practically.

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !