Jio Phone can be used as Hotspot.

abhi.ver

Capable
Reaction score
I want to buy Jio Phone, however my query is, can I use it like Hotspot (Internet Tethering)

On the website, there is no information rearing it.

BUDDHI

Skilled
Reaction score
I want to buy Jio Phone, however my query is, can I use it like Hotspot (Internet Tethering)

On the website, there is no information rearing it.
Nope u can't use it as a Hotspot as it doesn't have any option of Wifi Tethering though u can use Bluetooth Thethering

barikajit

Skilled
Reaction score
hotspot will not work on jio phone... bluetooth can be used

VDG

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no way to tether from Jio Phone even Bluetooth tethering doesn't worked for me, But did some research on google and found out that usb tether used to work before but now they completely stopped that in latest update

abhi.ver

Capable
Reaction score
There is no way to tether from Jio Phone even Bluetooth tethering doesn't worked for me, But did some research on google and found out that usb tether used to work before but now they completely stopped that in latest update
So it is only usefull for calling. :sad:

sunlight

Skilled
Reaction score
NO JIOPHONE CAN'T BE USED AS HOTSPOT. I HAVE REGISTERD 5 OF THEM AND STILL REGREATING THAT. ANY 1 KNOW HOW TO GET MY REGISTRATION MONEY BACK.

VDG

Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
i didn't took delivery bt how to get my registration amount back. didn't get any proper response from jio cc.
Please do check their terms and conditions of registration, i think there is no way to get that registration amount back (not sure though) :D

abhi.ver

Capable
Reaction score
Yeah, I brought the Jio-fi instead of Phone, With Jio-4G voice, I can use the calling feature too. however sometime voice quality and calling didn't go smoothly.

Deep Saha

Learner
Reaction score
Not possible for JIO PHONE, but buy Micromax Bharat 1 (approx 2200 INR) it has hotspot feature and support 2G,3G,4G, including video calls and Dual Sim.

mashuk123

Junior
Reaction score
No Hotspot, No usb tethering, and no other way of connecting jiophone internet to PC. You can only use usb to view files on sd card and phone storage and nothing else

Rambos

Average
Reaction score
can use wifi but hotspot is blocked for something

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !