Use Pen Drive as RAM

T@run

Master
Reaction score
Simply follow the steps:

Step 1) Insert USB drive in PC.

Step 2) Open “My Computer” then right-click on USB drive and select “Properties”.

Step 3) Now click on the “ReadyBoost” tab and Select the option “Use this device”.

Step 4) In ”Space to reserve for system speed”, select the amount of memory that you wants to use for pen drive.

Note: Prefer Default value recommended by Windows.Don’t change it

Step 7) Now Click on OK to save and exit.

And Restart your computer..

Remember It does not show your RAM increased but actually it performs faster .

HIT LIKES :):party:

gauravcse2010

Average
Reaction score
most of us already know but it aint of much use .. we cannot really feel the performance difference
PS - personal experience years ago :)

wmnitin

Pro member
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Good for low ram computers having good processors. Nice share, like hitted

$oMu

Talented
Reaction score
Its a waste never got any speed increase :hunter::hunter::hunter:

superd

Pro member
Reaction score
i dont think so it really gives speed as ram than people will never purchase ram from market

RockingBerwal

Skilled
Reaction score
I have also tried it a long time ago but there was no such great performance or difference in performance .........of no use actually...

VIKAS DEXTER

Capable
Reaction score
Everyone try ready boost but never try with usb 3.0 pendrive like SanDisk ultra I just try today really some differnce I fell because my laptop have 2 gb ram and its hangs while I open 10 page in chrome but after ready boost its not hang so try with usb 3.0 pendrive and feel difference..not try with SanDisk cruzer blade its just waste of time..

Bruce Wayne

Skilled
Reaction score
Everyone try ready boost but never try with usb 3.0 pendrive like SanDisk ultra I just try today really some differnce I fell because my laptop have 2 gb ram and its hangs while I open 10 page in chrome but after ready boost its not hang so try with usb 3.0 pendrive and feel difference..not try with SanDisk cruzer blade its just waste of time..
I am try with my 16 GB Sony Pendrive but i don't fell any difference.

Rocker5

Average
Reaction score
By Readyboost feature you will get partial improvement won't be as good as a Ram
[DOUBLEPOST=1475560231,1475560003][/DOUBLEPOST]
Does it affect pendrive's life??
No any how pendrives are cheap ........................ sometimes it does brick like you will see (4gb pendrive reduce to just 128mb)....... i was going crazy used some HP Format Tool to get it back to 4g

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !