Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 ‘explodes in user’s pocket’, company launches probe

hack4u

Capable
Reaction score
The person reportedly suffered serious injuries due to the explosion. Acknowledging the incident, Xiaomi said that customer safety is of utmost importance for it.
Xiaomi has launched an investigation after a Redmi Note 4 smartphone exploded in the pocket of a user in Ravulapalem in Andhra Pradesh’s East Godavari district. The owner of the smartphone, Bhavana Suryakiran reportedly suffered serious injuries due to the explosion. The smartphone company said it has contacted Suryakiran and is investigating the matter.

“We take such matters seriously as customer safety is of utmost importance for Xiaomi. All of our devices go through stringent quality tests,” a Xiaomi spokesperson said in a statement, adding that they have contacted the customer and are in the process of procuring the damaged product to investigate the matter.
a Telugu news website, reported that the explosion took place when Suryakiran was riding a bike. A fire that broke out after the explosion could not be doused despite pouring water on his pants.

Suryakiran reportedly bought the smartphone from Flipkart 20 days ago. He added that he will move the court against Xiaomi for selling a ‘defective’ unit and seeking compensation for injuries sustained.

SOURCE ;- HINDUSTAN TIMES.

Attachments

Ethan133

Average
Reaction score
nice share ...hope that this may never happen to other users.

hack4u

Capable
Reaction score
as redmi user...now u forced rethink twice
no. bro.I don't , I want all of my friends who uses redmi phone, they will save their life.I can pray them.

and one thing those who are posted here nice share . plz dont spam here like this type of comment.

pankajpk

Junior
Reaction score
These kind of incident also happened with iPhone once also, so not a huge issue I think

R4HUL

Learner
Reaction score
Yeah heats like hell when plugged for charging while using

The Digital Janta Forum has been archived after serving 2008 to 2022 great years as Top leading Free Internet Forum !